About your role
As a Technical Designer, you are part of our talented and versatile technical design team which is responsible for translating creative concepts into feasible technical design.
You will make technical drawings by using 3D modeling software and make a detailed design plan in which the materialization intent of the design is included. You interact with various suppliers to coordinate the feasibility of the design and request prices/quotations. You will help set up and develop calculations, quotations and timelines and will also be involved in the supervision of the whole process of realization.
Leisure Expert Group is a professional and ambitious design company. We specialize in the leisure industry in the broadest sense of the word. We focus on designing and producing spaces and identities in the leisure, festival, and event industries around the globe. You will come across our work in theme parks, zoos, brand experiences, festivals, and Halloween experiences. Do you aspire to join a team that creates transformation through heartfelt connection?
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send us your CV and portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Linda Verkerk.
What we ask
- You have finished a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical study: e.g. Architecture, Interior Design, (Industrial) Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, or similar;
Having preferably 2 years of work experience, experience in the leisure industry is a big plus (theme parks and/or the events industry);
You have knowledge of production techniques and costs, materials, and products for the leisure industry; (or are open to learning this)
You have an affinity with quotation requests and basic calculations (or are open to learning this);
- You work and present your work in a structured and clear manner;
- You work in a structured and methodical way, both independently and in a team;
- You show initiative and make things happen independently;
- Because we work internationally and our team consists of different nationalities, it is important that you have a good command of the Dutch and English language;
- Skilled on a medium to a high level of 3D modeling software, preferably Vectorworks or similar (e.g. Solidworks, Inventor);
- Microsoft Excel;
about your personality
- You have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and an out-of-the-box mentality;
- You are a team player;
- You are curious, eager to learn, inventive, and come up with innovative ideas;
a big plus
- Experience in the leisure industry and involvement in the realization of set construction / AV for attractions, amusement parks and/or festivals;
what do we offer you?
You fulfill the position of technical designer for 32 to 40 hours a week. Our office, with a view of Artis, is located in the heart of Amsterdam and is easily accessible by public transport.
But the most important thing is of course that you will work in a creative, dynamic environment with a lot of talent and attention to personal development. We form a close team and get satisfaction from hard work, but we find pleasure in work and with each other just as important. If you join our team, the international world of the leisure industry is at your feet!